Who should join ATHEA?
ATHEA focuses on institutional accreditation with a transnational approach in compliance with the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG).
Which Higher Education Institutions (HEI) should join ATHEA?
- HEIs (Universities, Colleges, Business Schools, etc.) who would like to
strengthen their internal and external Quality Assurance System based on the ESG
- HEIs who seek institutional accreditation in a specific country in the European Higher Education Area
- HEIs who are degree granting
- HEIs who seek institutional accreditation
- HEIs who operate in more than one country (cross-border, international, transnational)
Institutions that qualify for Institutional Membership are welcome to join.
The three steps for accreditation are:
- Institutional Membership
- Candidate for Accreditation
- ATHEA Accredited
Below you can download the ATHEA Value Proposition and the Statement of Accreditation Philosophy.
ATHEA Value Proposition
This document presents ATHEA's value proposition and benefits for Higher Education Institutions
Statement of Accreditation Philosophy
The Statement of Accreditation Philosophy guides the operations of the ATHEA Board of Commissioners